On April 1, 2014 the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (MMPR) came into force. Under the MMPR only Licensed Producers are authorized to possess, sell, provide, ship, deliver, transport, destroy, produce, export and/or import marihuana for medical purposes. Additionally, persons who possess and produce cannabis, other than marihuana, solely for the purpose of conducting in vitro testing and sell, provide, ship, deliver, transport and destroy cannabis, other than marihuana, also need to apply to become a Licensed Producer.
In order to become a Licensed Producer you will be required to be in compliance with the applicable Acts and Regulations including the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations and Good Production Practices (GPP) and complete an application to become a Licensed Producer and undergo an on-site audit from Health Canada.
Our services in Marihuana for Medical Purposes Consulting include:
- Regulatory liaison with Health Canada
- Complete or Assist with Applications to become a Licensed Producer
- Label reviews for compliance (Product label, Client label and combined labels)
- Amendments or Renewals to existing Licensed Producer license
- Communication with local Municipality regarding bylaws and zoning
- Import/Export Permits
- Assist holders of Designated Person Production License to complete Notice of Authorization to sell their remaining plants to licensed producers compliantly.
- Review and provide guidance on floor plans and required Security Measures
- Assist with obtaining insurance for the production facility
- Development/Implementation of a Good Production Practices (GPP) Compliant Quality System or Improvements on Current System through the following measures:
– Drafting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), templates and revisions for all required activities under the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations (e.g. Recall Reporting, Adverse Reaction Reporting , Pest Control, Quality Assurance, Sanitation Program, Client Registration templates, Order Processing etc.)
– Drafting technical agreements
– Preparation of stability protocols
– Preparation and review of Finished Product Specifications
– Creation of Complaint handling programs
– GPP Audits
– Custom designed GPP training (on-site or off-site)