A health claim is a representation in labelling or advertising that states that a relationship exists between the consumption of a product or ingredient and a person’s health.
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) is the responsible regulatory body for evaluating the efficacy of claims in Europe
What types of claims are there?
- Structure/Function Claims
- Risk Reduction Claims
- Claims referring to childhood development
Before you can make a claim on any specific product, you must receive authorization from the EFSA in order to do so.
Health Claim Substantiation Assessments are one of the core services offered by dicentra.
Our services for Food Supplement Claims Review include:
- Nutrition Health Claim Review
- Nutrition Health Claim Development
- Health Claim Substantiation
- Ingredient Review
- Formula Review
- Development of safety and toxicological profiles
- Dossier Preparation
- Scientific literature review
- Scientific and Medical Writing
Contact us to learn how our Food Supplement Regulatory Services can help get your products to market in the European Union