Want to make an impact on the health and food industries while exceling in your field and helping dicentra’s leading clients move to the next level? Fast-paced, rewarding roles in a positive environment await. USA or Canada-based employment opportunities available. dicentra always has openings for the best and brightest candidates with understanding of American and Canadian regulatory compliance in all of our divisions: Food Safety, Life Sciences, and Global Certifications.
dicentra is a professional consulting firm that specializes in addressing all matters related to safety, quality and compliance for all product categories in the life sciences and food industries. We evaluate, implement, and provide all the necessary support for companies to gain market access and build brand confidence.
This position is responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close in an assigned territory.
- Prepare individual sales action plans in line with the overall sales and business strategy
- Meeting and/or exceeding sales dollars, profit percentage, gross profit dollars and achieve budget numbers
- Conducting prospecting and follow-ups to secure profitable new business opportunities within assigned territory to achieve sales targets
- Developing and implementing a yearly sales plan including territory analysis, strategies and action plans
- Lead follow-up, new business development, lead generation, building customer relationships, consulting extensively to assess customer’s needs, follow-up throughout the sales and service cycles, and delivering high quality results
- Building strong relationships and partnerships with internal and external customers to develop loyalty and leverage sales effectiveness.
- Ensure that customer concerns are addressed and resolved in a positive and friendly manner
- Provide accurate forecasts and pipelines on a regular basis.
- Prepare quotations, service agreements and tenders within set deadlines when needed.
- Liaise with relevant internal departments to ensure successful handover and execution of new business.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- University degree, preferably in Food Science or Safety.
- A minimum of 2 years related experience in a food safety related position;
- Proven experience in solution selling and / or service type products within a B2B environment at a high level within organizations
- HACCP training certification is a big plus
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety
- Diplomacy and networking skills to build relationships with external clients as well as key internal personnel.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates must be well organized and comfortable working independently
- Effective communication and strong leadership skills.
- Excellent multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Proficient in using various types of computer software (Word, Excel. PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
- Experience with a CRM platform is a big plus.
In addition, we value the following qualities in our team members:
- Personality characterized by high quality standards, responsibility and engagement
- Ability to interact with a range of personalities and many levels of the organization
- Demonstrated self-motivation and the ability to take initiative
- Project management and strong prioritization skills
- Attention to and ability to execute details
- Adaptable to changing environment, client and project needs
- Ability to travel to various plant locations across Canada and the United States will be required approximately 25% of the time.
- A valid Ontario driver’s License and access to a vehicle is required.
- Comfortable with following up with warm leads by phone 25% of the time.
Job Type: Full-time
Job location: Toronto, Ontario
dicentra is firmly committed to creating a welcoming, accessible, respectful and inclusive environment at our company in all divisions. We support the safety of employees and clients of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We also strive to meet individualized accessibility to ensure full inclusion for everyone.
To be considered for this opportunity, please email your CV and related documentation to: firstname.lastname@example.org