Position: Regulatory and Scientific Consultant
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Opportunity to work remotely or in Toronto, ON office.
Job Summary: The Regulatory & Scientific Consultant is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to ensure client compliance of cosmetics, consumer products, food, drugs, medical devices, animal feed, pesticides, fertilizers, new substance notifications (NSNs), natural health products (NHPs), and dietary supplements with appropriate domestic and international government agency regulations
• Liaises between clients and government agencies in both Canada and the USA to ensure all stakeholders have accurate information and a clear understanding of all scientific and regulatory related aspects throughout product registration
• Compiles and maintains regulatory documentation as required
• Coordinates efforts associated with the preparation of regulatory documents or submissions
• Performs product classifications (food vs. cosmetic vs. NHP, etc.)
• Assesses ingredients for acceptability as appropriate to the product classification
• Maintains products through the entire product life-cycle, from product development/formulation to post license changes, as applicable to the product classification
• Reviews/develops and substantiates marketing and scientific claims as appropriate to the product classification
• Completes scientific safety assessments and dossiers as required for the product type (GRAS, NDIs, food additive submission, novel food, etc.)
• Performs as Account Manager for multiple clients
• Bachelors of Science (Master in science preferred), or related discipline
• Experience working for a consulting firm preferred
• Certificate in Regulatory Affairs would be an asset
• 4+ years working in a similar role
• In-depth knowledge of Canadian, US, and international regulations for food, NHP, OTC, medical device, animal feed and dietary supplements is a definite advantage
• Ability to review/develop, and substantiate marketing and scientific claims as appropriate to the product classification
• Ability to complete scientific safety assessments and dossiers as required for the product type (GRAS, NDIs, food additive submission, novel food, etc.)
• Excellent analytical abilities
• Understanding of risk management
• Effective attention to detail in order to successfully oversee regulatory initiatives
• Well-developed communication skills (oral, written, computer-proficient) with the ability to present ideas, solutions, and strategies in a clear and concise manner
• Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
• Self-motivated and enjoy taking the initiative
• Monitoring budgeted hours and ensuing projects are completed in an appropriate time frame
In addition to the skills and qualifications above, we value the following qualities in all of our team members:
• High-quality standards, responsibility, and engagement
• Ability to interact with a range of personalities and many levels of the organization
• Demonstrated self-motivation and the ability to take initiative
• Project management and strong prioritization skills
• Attention to and ability to execute details
• Adaptable to changing environment, client, and project needs
• Disability insurance
• Dental Care
• Extended health care
• Life insurance
• Vision care
• Wellness program
• Work remotely
To be considered for future opportunities, please email your cover letter, resume/CV, and any related supporting documentation to email@example.com with “Regulatory and Scientific Consultant” in the subject line.
As part of the hiring process, in addition to interviewing, successful candidates may be required to complete a skills assessment and a reference/background check. If you are sent a skills assessment, please complete it for consideration for the advertised position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
dicentra is firmly committed to creating a welcoming, accessible, respectful, and inclusive environment at our company in all divisions. We support the safety of employees and clients of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We also strive to meet individualized accessibility to ensure full inclusion for everyone. If you are selected to proceed through the hiring process and need a reasonable accommodation, please inform the company representative that contacts you.
dicentra is a contract research organization and professional consulting firm that specializes in addressing all matters related to safety, quality and compliance for all product categories in the life sciences and food industries. We evaluate, implement, and provide all the necessary support for our client’s products and operations, allowing them to gain market access while building confidence in their brand.
Our team of experts work collaboratively to protect and improve our client’s businesses. We strive to promote a dynamic environment and encourage our team to continuously develop and enhance their skills and expertise, resulting in innovative solutions for our clients.